"EVS short-term for youth empowerment" is a project funded by Erasmus+ programme, which aims at enhancing and promoting volunteering as a tool for combining non-formal educational potential, social cohesion of the local community, and social inclusion in favour of disadvantaged group of people.
The idea behind this project is based on the awareness that involving new generation in volunteering initiatives represents an opportunity for acquiring practical and cross-sector knowledge and a key element for building an European society based on principles of solidarity, multiculturalism, and active participation to community life.
The objective is to stimulate through volunteering the enhancement of both social capital, and human capital through increased individual skills and capacities of future generation of European citizens. In particular the project aims at:
- enhancing competencies and skills useful for integrating young people in the labour market;
- including youngsters with fewer opportunities,
- fighting social marginalisation and youth unemployment;
- increasing youth participation in building European identity and citizenship;
- promoting solidarity, environmental awareness and multi-culturalism;
- enhancing the role of NGOs and youth workers in socio-educational field.
The project will involve volunteers from Italy, France, Portugal, Estonia, and Turkey. Each mobility will last from one to two months and volunteers will operate closely with local community. In the project, together with InformaGiovani, 10 more organisations will take part, as hosting (Social Youth Development, Greece; Radi Vidi Pats, Latvia; Rota Jovem, Portugal; Monopatia Allileggiis, Greece, Ookull NGO, Estonia; Concordia Aquitaine, France) or sending organisations (Aventura Marao Clube, Portugal; Estyes, Estonia; GENCTUR, Turkey; Concordia, France).